PART-TIME INSTRUCTOR POSITION
The Board of Trustees for the Finishing Trades Institute of the Ohio Region is currently accepting applications for a part-time Instructor position. The position needs to be filled as soon as possible.
The Part-time Instructor will be responsible for training apprentices and journeypersons throughout Ohio focusing on Craft specific, Health & Safety. The job requires the training programs for apprentices and journeyperson primarily at the four separate Training Centers located in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati and Toledo. The Instructor will be primarily based in the Toledo, Ohio Training Center; however, will be required to travel throughout the State. Since this position requires teaching the Finishing Trades Institute developed curriculum, the applicant must be an active or retired member of one of the affiliated Finishing Trades.
- Provide instruction for the apprentice courses using approved curriculum and following class standards required by the State of Ohio and Department of Labor
- Teach IUPAT journeyperson upgrade and re-certification classes on a regular basis
- Prepare and return class records, including grades and attendance to the Director of Training on a timely basis
- Work with the Director of Training to acquire the supplies and equipment needed for classes
- Attend instructor meetings, as required
QUALIFICATIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
- Current active or retired journeyperson of the IUPAT Finishing Trades
- Strong journeyperson skills with a minimum four (4) years at journeyperson level with hands-on experience in the IUPAT Finishing Trades required
- Strong varbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively in groups and one-on-one
- Advance knowledge and understanding of construction process, safety procedures and extensive people skills
- Ability to use personal computer and associated programs
- Prior instructor experience with apprentices preferred
- This is an hourly position based upon the IUPAT DC 6 journeyperson wage. Instructors will be paid by class taught. Wages will be paid at journeyperson rate, for actual class time spent plus one half hour before and after.
- Fringe Benefits are included
- Part-time Instructor will be scheduled to teach classes for 16 – 31 hours per week
- Classes will be scheduled and assigned in advance
- Periodic statewide travel with occasional overnight stays is required
- Classes are held days, nights and weekends – the Training Center Office is open from 8:00am -4:30pm, but the Instructor’s hours will extend into the evenings and weekends
Applicants interested in the Part-time Instructor Position should submit a resume along with a cover letter summarizing their qualifications for the position no later than March 9, 2018, via e-mail to [email protected]. Questions? Call Nichole McCarthy at (440) 239-4575 ext. 126