At the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades Convention in 1999, the A. L. “Mike” Monroe and Ralph D. Williams, III, Sports Scholarship was introduced and ratified into the Union’s Constitution. This groundbreaking program was created to offer student-athletes the opportunity to pursue their athletic ambitions while earning an advanced educational degree at the academic institution of their choosing.
Despite their athletic talent, neither man had the resources to attend college and instead joined the Union at a young age. This scholarship, named in their honor, gives IUPAT members’ children the chance to attain a higher education.
In 1000, words describe why you should receive this award! All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- He/she must be a legal dependent of an IUPAT member in good standing.
- Supply an official high school transcript.
- A complete history of athletic participation and special recognition in high school.
- Register with the NCAA Clearing House and declare the athletic program in which he/she will be
- A letter of recommendation must be submitted from the coach or athletic director of the institution the
applicant has been accepted and has chosen to attend.
- A complete record of additional financial aid.
The award is contingent upon the student enrolling in the school of their choice within one year of the award
date or the award is forfeited. CLICK HERE to download the application form.