CUYAHOGA METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the close supervision of a higher classified employee, applies protective and decorative paint coatings to interior and exteriors or CMHA building and structures; performs all necessary preparatory and clean-up tasks as assigned. No supervisory responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Painters must have recognition as journeymen. Journeyman status under union bylaws requires a four-year apprenticeship.
- Five years experience at journeyman level in painting and decoration of interior and exterior surfaces of structure.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures to performs the task of the position.
- Ability to read and write legibly and maintain proper records.
- Ability to prepare materials, surfaces, and performs related work as assigned.
- Ability to use spray-painting equipment in painting on ceiling and walls without runs, sags, or curts.
- Knowledge of proper clean up and storage procedures for all paint and related equipment.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Understands, supports and models with professionalism the agency’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator’s license and insurability under agency policies.
POSTING DATE: 11/14/2017
CLOSING DATE: 11/21/2017
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.